Erosion and Sediment Control Program
Commercial sites and sites over 10,000 Sq Ft:
1. An E&S Control plan has to be submitted and approved, including payment of fee submission of surety, and a completed Application for a Land Disturbing Permit.
2. A Pre Construction meeting has to be held to discuss E&S controls and review the plan for your site.
3. A City E&S control inspector has to make a site visit and approve the initial controls installed at your site
4. All sites with a total land disturbance equal to or greater than an acre, or with a total land disturbance less than an acre and the site is part of a larger common plan of development are required to obtain a VSMP permit from DEQ. A separate fee paid directly to DEQ is required
Land Disturbing Permit Fee- $3000.00
Surety - $2500.00 per acre.
Construction of a Single Family Home or sites under 10,000 Sq Ft:
1. An Agreement in Lieu of a plan must be filled out and signed by the property owner, including payment of fee and submission of surety.
2. A Pre Construction meeting has to be held to discuss E&S controls required for your site.
3. A City E&S/VSMP inspector has to make a site visit and review/approve your SWPPP (where applicable) and approve the initial controls installed at your site
Agreement in Lieu of a plan Fee - $250.00, and a $2500.00 surety.
The complete requirements and specifications can be found in Title 13 of the City code.