Reference & Research
The Staunton Public Library provides access to a number of online resources. All are available in the Library. Some are also available remotely with your Staunton Public Library card number.
Literati is the main portal to most research resources, especially for school work.
Magazines & Newspapers
- Find It VA provides access to many newspapers, magazines and journals.
- eLibrary provides full-text of many magazines and more. Available in the Library only.
- has full digital copies of magazines that can be viewed on your computer or mobile device.
Books & Literature
- eBooks on EBSCOhost Select "Research Databases". Create an account in the Library first and then access the collection from anywhere 24/7. Mostly nonfiction titles available to be read on your computer; not compatable with devices.
- Find It VA provides access to many books and more.
- NoveList Pluscan help you find your next book to read, or listen to. Novelist K-8 is just for kids.
- We have many sources for eBooks & More
Encyclopedias & Phone Books
- AtoZdatabases : Search Jobs, Businesses or Mailing Lists
- Find It VA has access to books such as encyclopedias and other reference sources.
- Encyclopedia Virginia
Government, Politics & Legal
- Staunton City Code: the General Ordinances of the City of Staunton, Virginia
- The Central Shenandoah Planning District is a wealth of information and links
- Virginia General Assembly and Legislative Information System.
- & Self HelpCase Status Information
- Virginia Law, Code, and Constitution
- Salem Health includes Complementary & Alternative Medicine, Infectious Diseases & Conditions, Magill’s Medical Guide, and Psychology & Mental Health.
- Medline Plus is the National Institutes of Health's website Produced by the National Library of Medicine.
- Merck Manual Home Edition has access to the world's bestselling home medical reference.
History & Genealogy
- Ancestry Library Edition is available in the Library only.
- European Views of the Americas 1493 to 1750 is an index for libraries, scholars and individuals interested in European works that relate to the Americas.
- Heritage Quest is a collection of genealogies, local histories, primary source materials, and genealogical and local history serials. Click here for remote access
- Milestone Documents in American History contains 130 full-text primary source documents with expert analysis and commentary.
More Learning Resources
- ebrary’s Searchable Information Center on Cyberbullying
- Green File has scholarly and general interest titles focusing on the relationship between human beings and the environment.
- LISTA covers librarianship, classification, information management, and more and indexes nearly 600 periodicals plus books, research reports, and proceedings.
- NEW! lynda.com has more than 3,400 courses covering technical skills, creative techniques, business strategies, and more. Requires Staunton Library card and PIN.
- Rosetta Stone offers online instruction in 30 languages.
- Salem Science covers a wide range of physical and natural sciences.
- Teacher Reference Center provides coverage on key education topics for K-12 Teachers & Librarians.
- Virginia Navigator helps you find services and resources for seniors and those with disabilities.