Booker T. Washington Community Center
1114 W Johnson St
Staunton, VA 24401
The Recreation Department holds classes, events and programs here during the week and on some weekends.
AVAILABLE FOR RENT:
Based on availability
$30 an hour - paid in full with contract
$225 a day - paid in full with contract
Basketball gym/ auditorium
Kitchen (stove, 1 microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher)
Outside- Basketball courts
Boys & Girls Club of Augusta County-http://www.augustabgclub.org
The City of Staunton is a major financial as well as in kind sponsor of the Boys and Girls Club at Booker T. Washington Community Center. Believing in the Boys and Girls Club ability to provide for underprivileged children, the City of Staunton contributes $40,000 per year to operate the after-school program. The City also supplies the use of the entire south wing of the building, the gym and restrooms, utilities and all physical plant free of charge to house the Boys and Girls Club in Staunton.
Community Meetings and Programs held at
Booker T. Washington:
Mat Pack Wrestling
Mat Pack wrestling will begin its Fall session at 7pm, September 8 at Booker T. Washington Community Center. Registration will take place at that time for K-12th grade. This is an on-going club, sign-up and register anytime. Practices will be held at 6:15-8:15pm, Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays.
Price: $35 per month
For Info: Coach West (540)849-9017
email@example.com OR www.matpackwrestling.com
- United Voices Choir Saturdays 10am-11:15am
- Men's Group 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of every month @
7pm. This group is open to men of all ages who want to help improve the lives ofour local youth. Group Lead by Ophie Kier
- African American Heritage Festival Foundation 2nd Tuesdays of every month @ 5:30pm
- 1940s-1960 R&B Music Class- 1st Tuesday of each Month @ 5:30pm-Learn the history of R&B music, listen to some of your favorite groups and artists from this period, and share your thoughts in this free class led by R & B Historian, Al Leichter.
- S-Quad Dance Team
2nd & 4th Saturdays each month for ages 15-24 @11:30-2:30pm. Performance: All Girls Conference, April 17.
- BTW Alumni Association-2nd Thursday of every month @ 2:30pm
- Augusta County Training School Alumni 2nd Tuesday of every month @ 7:30pm
For further information or to reserve a rental, contact
Department of Parks & Recreation
P. O. Box 58, Staunton, VA 24402-0058
Telephone: (540) 332-3945 Fax: (540) 332-3983
Monday through Friday, 8AM - 5PM